Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst - #19503929
Baylor College of Medicine
The Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery is seeking a Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst to oversee department research grant submissions and provide pre-award subject matter expertise to department faculty. This position will also support activities related to the research resident track and other activities in the departmental Education office.
- Secures research funding by overseeing the pre-award grant process for department faculty applying for federal, state, and private foundation grant funding.
- Obtains required approvals and maintain all relevant documents for submission of grant applications.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives to ensure successful outcomes.
- Consults and engages faculty regarding funding opportunities, grant preparation and submission.
- Reviews and approves grant applications and associated budgets on behalf of department leadership.
- Negotiates industry-sponsored contracts including clinical trials agreements, sponsored research agreements, consultation agreements, materials transfer agreements and facilitate review and/or preparation of related incoming and outgoing contracts.
- Collaborate with the central Sponsored Programs Office to ensure applications are submitted in a timely manner.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, and internal policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance as it relates to grant applications.
- Coordinates activities with institutions that may be involved and/or named by the grant
- Adjusts budgets dependent upon contract requirements
- Completes financial and personnel journal entries for grants and contracts
- Oversees proper close-out of grants and contracts, including final financial reports to grant agency and completion of any necessary effort reporting
- Prepares, analyzes, and disseminates relevant grant reports to faculty and department leaders.
- Assists with tasks as needed for educational programs within the surgery education office.
- May coordinate travel requests and reimbursements for research residents within College and departmental policies through Concur.
- May coordinate procurement of equipment and supplies as needed.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.