Physician, Pediatric Hospitalist - #19503930
We Are Hiring
Ascension Borgess Hospital - Ascension Borgess Nursery Services Department is looking for a full time Pediatric Hospitalist Physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Borgess Hospital
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with up to 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU)
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension/Borgess Hospital is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Hospitalist for our Level II Special Care Nursery.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Borgess Women's Health and help Borgess establish a cohesive growing group with flexible schedules.
- Outstanding patient care qualities
- Provide care for both newborn patients. Candidates will be providing 24 hour coverage with a mix of shifts. (6.5 Shifts a month- can be block schedule)
- Newborn Patients: Perform prenatal consults, attend deliveries, perform newborn resuscitation, admit to special care nursery as needed, stabilize newborns prior to transport for those requiring a higher level of care, procedures (circs, LPs, intubations, umbilical line placement, frenotomies, etc.), support breastfeeding and round on newborns daily.
The members of the pediatric hospitalist team work together with parents to develop a plan of care for newborns. Ask about the pediatric/ parent support programs designed to encourage parental involvement.
Compensation: This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities are available through the Western Michigan University, Homer Stryker, M.D. School of Medicine.
- Evaluates and treats infants with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as desired.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all infrequent denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient (and occasional outpatient) newborn consultations, which may include on call schedules.
- Participate in baby friendly support
What You Will Need
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Board Eligible/Certified in Pediatrics
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
- 1-2 years preferred
- Experience in the area of preterm and term delivery and post-delivery care (Preterm care involves infants greater than 32 weeks gestation and 1500 grams)
- Newborn stabilization and care
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work