Sales Director - #19503932
Wheels Up is a leading private aviation company that has made booking a private plane as easy as requesting an Uber or reserving an Airbnb. Offering three membership options—Connect, Core, and Business—that significantly reduce the cost to fly privately, as well as management services for whole aircraft owners, we deliver a total aviation solution for 8,000+ members and customers throughout North America.
Wheels Up gives members access to one of the world's largest owned and managed fleets of private aircraft, totaling nearly 200 planes—as well as a fleet of 1,250+ Wheels Up-approved partner aircraft ranging from Light to Large-Cabin Jets. All members can also attend exclusive events and take advantage of a suite of hospitality, lifestyle, and retail benefits from some of the world's preeminent brands.In August 2019, we completed a Class D equity raise, giving us an enterprise valuation north of $1.1B. Additionally, we just entered a groundbreaking partnership with Delta, which involved us combining with Delta Private Jets to expand our fleet and offer guaranteed nationwide coverage—and which has enabled us to provide unparalleled experiences across private and commercial aviation. We also recently acquired Avianis, a leading private aviation tech company that has accelerated the development of our next-level digital platform, and TMC, the leading light jet charter wholesaler in the US. At Wheels Up, we are realizing our vision of making private flying and the accompanying lifestyle accessible to millions of individuals, families, and businesses in the U.S. and around the world.We're looking for a Sales Director, who is a key position within the sales team. The individual will directly support the in-territory sales executive, potentially be the first point of contact to new prospects and begin the process of re-engagement of dormant leads and existing opportunities. The primary goal for this position is to identify and source prospects to generate sales leads for the sales executive. The individual will uncover leads by mining the Salesforce.com database, reviewing the Marketo activity list, prospecting, cold calling, and networking while documenting all activity and pipeline development in Salesforce.com.
- Partner with sales executive to prospect and create new leads and opportunities through cold calling, networking events, Marketo activity list, and mining the database as well as partnerships for referrals to set appointments for the sales executive.
- Develop lists within Salesforce.com to proactively segment prospects using the data within the system using qualifying factors such as net worth, experience with private aviation, flight needs, lead source, geographic location, interests etc.
- Educate, consult, and advise prospects on private aviation value and Wheels Up suite of products.
- Update Sales Executive by consolidating, analyzing, and building the pipeline in Salesforce.com
- Update and maintain CRM on a daily basis, based on the activity of leads and opportunities. CRM must be up to date with information uncovered on prospects during the needs analysis and qualifying stages by the Sales Director.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in sales related function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and extremely organized
- Self-motivated and naturally curious
- Must be able to work in high-energy, fast, paced changing environment
- Salesforce.com or other CRM management tools experience