Program Assistant, Nathaniel Community Success (ATI for People with Mental Illness) - #19503950
Are you passionate about serving and advocating for individuals with mental illness? Are you interested in contributing to social justice for people impacted by the criminal legal system? If so, we need you on our Manhattan-based Nathaniel Community Success (NCS) team at CASES! NCS is a new alternative-to-incarceration (ATI) program that serves individuals of all genders, aged 16 and older, with mental illness (including substance use problems); this program operates in Manhattan and Brooklyn and will leverage the expertise of CASES in jail and prison alternatives and mental health treatment, including operation of an outpatient clinic and care coordination services. In doing so, NCS will directly help reduce the utilization of jails and prisons. Come join our team’s efforts to reduce the City's reliance on correctional institutions, promote justice, and help NYC achieve its goal to close Rikers Island in 2026. We are a diverse team at CASES, and we welcome candidates of all genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and disabilities to apply.
We are seeking a Program Assistant for our Manhattan NCS team, who will join a multidisciplinary team comprised of a Team Leader, Forensic Clinical Case Coordinator, Forensic Case Coordinator, Substance Use Specialist, Peer Specialist, and Clinical Criminal Legal Specialist. The NCS team provides individualized clinical case management; linkage to services for mental health (including substance use problems) and medical treatment; and court-ordered supervision services. Each participant’s plan is individualized, responding to specific needs and risks to help each participant achieve and maintain recovery and reduce criminal recidivism.
Under the supervision of the NCS Director and Manhattan Team Leader, the Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the program through organizational, data entry, and administrative duties. The Program Assistant must be comfortable with working with youth and adults with criminal legal involvement. We are looking for an individual who is well-organized, detail-oriented, and who has excellent communication skills.
Reports To: Team Leader
- Create and facilitate a genuine, welcoming, and safe program environment.
- Compile and send out weekly and monthly reports to support program employees.
- Assist employees in data entry, including attendance verification and rescheduling appointments.
- Attend weekly team meetings to take minutes and communicate relevant scheduling and program information to employees.
- Maintain and update program materials.
- In collaboration with the NCS Director and Team Leader, order supplies for the office and for participants.
- Assist in setting up rooms for meetings and activities.
- Provide administrative duties for the NCS program employees, including general office work and photocopying/faxing material as needed.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed.
- Providing conflict resolution as necessary, in adherence with CASES policy.
- Any other duties as required by Team Leader, Director, or Senior Director.
- Dedication to working with individuals involved in the criminal legal system.
- Commitment to the program goals, including a strength-based approach to supporting participants in the community.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and with great attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to create and maintain organization systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible, creative, and motivated to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Outlook, MS Office Suites, and Salesforce is a plus.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.