International Tax Senior Associate - #19503964
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions. Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You'll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Requirements:
A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study may also be considered.
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, or Member of the Bar.
Thorough knowledge of assisting companies to understand and assess the tax impact of company business, operations and transactions in multiple jurisdictions. Considerable knowledge of corporate tax including tax research, compliance and consulting within an international taxation environment. Considerable knowledge of public accounting practices, law firm or corporate tax department of a multinational company.
Comprehensive technical skills in structural realignment, cash and financial statement effective tax rate analysis and improvement of tax efficiencies of cross-border flows. Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials. Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
As a tax technical professional, demonstrates ability to research business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.
Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
Exposure to pricing, client value and the negotiation process - including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax