*Dept* FT BBC Patient Safety Assistant- Surveillance - Bed U 12N - #19503986
Bronson Battle Creek
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
- Dept* FT BBC Patient Safety Assistant- Surveillance - Bed U 12N
Under the direct supervision of the manager, the Patient Safety Assistant is responsible for the promotion of patient safety and companionship for an assigned patient. Patient may include: pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Responsibilities include observation and reporting patient activities and behaviors and appropriate response intervention to assure patient safety. The Patient Safety Assistant will demonstrate appropriate communication skills with patient/patient family and other healthcare providers, and practice confidentiality and safety procedures as defined by agency. The Patient Safety Assistant provides services in accordance with policy and procedure manuals. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Experience in a health care delivery setting preferred.
- Able to communicate clearly with patients/families and others.
- Skill and proficiency in oral and written grammar and communication.
- Must have home telephone or telephone contact.
- Safe patient handling required.
- Maintains neat and orderly work environment. Maintain appropriate knowledge level to assist in patient turns and assist in patient transfer to commode/bathroom.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge level to assist in feeding patient.
- Uses correct body positioning, proper body mechanics to avoid injury, utilizes safe work practices (e.g. pushing vs. pulling, patient transfer/lifting devices, etc.) and uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Assists with orientation of new sitters.
- Must be available to work on short notice.
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
- 80% Observation and prevention of unsafe patient behavior/activity
- 10% Communicating with the responsible R.N. about patient status and pertinent input to facilitate care planning.
- 5% Accompanies patients for diagnostic tests occasionally.
- 5% Maintains a clean and orderly environment.
12 Hour Night Shift
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1670 Bed Utilization (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!