Clinical Coordinator (RN)-MSH - Ruttenberg Treatment Center Office Practice - Full Time Days - Mount Sinai Hospital - #19504007
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department : Ruttenberg Treatment Center - Office Practice Nursing - Mount Sinai Hospital
Job Title: Clinical Coordinator - Full Time Days
- The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the complex, multi-disciplinary coordination of specialty patient population(s), developing, evaluating and revising care pathways based on assessments conducted through engagement with the patient, family and multiple departments and disciplines. The Clinical Coordinator interfaces directly with MSH Departments, Administrators, Nursing, Medical and Quality leadership, and clinical staff and coordinates care for a patient population regarding the clinical, educational and operational impact of all care delivery, and outcome measures.
- Responsible to:
- This position reports directly to discipline leadership with a professional line to MSH Nursing or related disciplines professional practice leadership
- Responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a plan of care for a specialty patient population, and/or specialty specific standards of care organization wide.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Clinical Leadership
- Coordinates clinical care within a designated specialty, in conjunction with Nursing, Social Work, Care Management, and other related disciplines, Medical and Quality leadership, coordinates care across multiple departments and services within the context of the specialty program including the clinical plan of care, quality assessment and improvement processes.
- Establishes and implements short and long term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures to ensure a high level of performance in nursing care delivery to the specialty patient population.
- Organizes and leads in the execution of day to day patient care coordination, as appropriate to program objectives and areas of clinical expertise.
- Provides consultation and education to members of the interdisciplinary team specific to the clinical specialty service, relative to the coordination of care for the specialty patient populations.
- Promotes an interdisciplinary approach to patient care delivery.
- Serves as a resource for patients and their families.
- Acts as a patient advocate utilizing the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Participates in promoting and maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Serves as a resource to leadership and staff in the development and implementation of nursing standards consistent with the established model of care.
- Maintains leadership competency by participation in continuing education, professional organizations and other related activities.
- Supports academic affiliations for purposes of providing clinically enriching experiences for students of nursing and other related clinical disciplines.
- Works collaboratively with clinical leadership and supportive resources to ensure that patients have access to comprehensive interdisciplinary patient and family educational programs throughout their care trajectory.
- Professional Practice
- Supports the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing or Related Discipline and The Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Maintains clinical competencies, supports relationship centered care, the professional practice model, the care delivery model and is responsible and accountable for his/her own nursing practice.
- Advocates the highest standards of nursing or discipline related practice.
- Approaches patients, families and other members of the health care team in a professional, respectful manner.
- Serves as a clinical role model and resource to the nursing staff.
- Serves as a professional resource to other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates professional involvement by:
- Attending and participating in workshops, seminars, and courses as presenter or author.
- Keeping abreast of current literature and trends in practice.
- Participating in related professional organizations.
- Considers ethical issues in professional nursing practice.
- Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
- Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes and environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Maintains attendance and punctuality record in accordance with departmental standards.
- Adheres to dress code in accordance with departmental policy.
- Administrative Practice
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care for designated patient populations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and other agency surveys and presents related programs during Joint Commission and other agency visits.
- Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement programs to support the professional practice model and care delivery systems
- Participates in quality management activities including identifying and communicating issues of performance improvement and risk in a timely manner, using chain of command.
- Leads and participates in committee activities
- Bachelor's degree in specific discipline (i.e., Bachelor of Science in Nursing) is required. Master's degree in health related field is required
- 2 years' experience in specialty clinical field
- Current NYS nurse licensure
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient status.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to use basic data entry and retrieval systems.
- Ability to organize information and teach others.
- Analytic ability to collect and organize information, identifies problems and trends, formulate and implement corrective plans or programs.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritized, and allocates resources.
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.
- Physical stamina, dexterity and mental health necessary to coordinate a broad variety of services and programs for designated patient population on a daily basis.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.