Desktop Test & Automation Lead - #19504010
What you'll be doing...
- Cross-team Collaboration, building Automation framework support to be used by other teams.
- Contribute to a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service.
- Improve quality with every version, and new test & automation suites must match or exceed existing levels.
- Follow & improve processes- with special focus on code reviews, among others.
- Design and implement with reuse, utility, and completeness in mind.
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies, particularly as the software moves from developers to production systems.
- Understand failures and their impact on user experience and system stability.
- Involving in Product/Lead/Design meetings and contribute.
- Planning the Test and Automation tasks for the release.
- Mentor juniors on both Test and Automation.
- Understand the existing ecosystem and ongoing developments to be able to add & design a new framework or enhance the framework to support new changes in product.
What we're looking for...
You believe in fault-free software that can be designed, developed, maintained, tested, qualified and deployed. You believe in automation for fast and repeated verification of software, that is useful during development and deployment.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or at least four years work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or moreyears of experience in UI and API automation.
- Experience supporting a small team offive tosix people team and providing mentoring.
- Experience inautomating desktop applications on Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Experience with automation frameworks - Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, WinAppDriver.
- Experience withdebugging on Win, Mac and Linux using logs and metrics.
- Solid working knowledge of Java, Swift/Objective-C.
- Experience with REST API, UI Automation and API Functional Tests.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Performance Tests experience.
- Experiencewith Agile development methodology and tools.
- Good communication skills through email, reports, specs and design docs.
- Good knowledge with scripting languages such as Python, Shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge with cloud systems like AWS.
- Experience with software testing methodologies and automation technologies (tools and programming languages).
- Experience creating automation frameworks.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.