Beach Security - #19504024
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC
Beach Security - Fernandina, FL
Beach Security personnel are responsible for providing security in and around the fill area to keep unauthorized persons away from dredging operations. Such duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a sentry post at the entrance to the construction area to keep unauthorized persons from entering the active construction zone.
- Must be capable and possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces (e.g. beach sand).
- Be capable of performing escort duties for bulldozer or wheel loader when equipment is being operated outside the designated construction area and members of the public are present. Task may be performed by walking or by use of Utility Vehicle
- Be capable of performing pipe security check to identify any security or safety concerns as they relate to the general public.
- Identify areas where the public is not using crossover
Identify areas where the shore pipe is leaking and my cause a safety hazard to the public.
- May be assigned other duties.
This is a temporary job position in Fernandina, FL for approximately 3-4 Months
- Must have good communication skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills to interact with the public
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, and criminal background check
- Transportation to and from jobsite.
- TWIC Preferred
Typical work schedule consists of 8 – 12 hr days. Subject to change.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.