RN-ER-PRN Nights - #19504035
Artesia General Hospital
Responsible for the delivery of care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient's care, as evidenced by client/staff observation.
- Teach patient/significant other appropriate health information in a timely manner and share written informational material.
- Perform direct patient care, utilizing established procedures, policies, and standards.
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Assist in the orientation/training of new employees.
- Assist other staff in the performance of their assignments.
- Recognize the need for variations in staffing and volunteer to fill open shifts.
- Take direction and initiate actions (cross/additional training) that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure seamless patient care.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- As assigned.
- Basic computer.
- Knowledgeable regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
AGE-RELATED COMPETENCIES: Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to identify age-specific patient needs appropriate for this position.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Risk Management/Quality Management/Safety: Cooperates fully in all Risk Management, Quality Management, and Safety Activities and Investigations.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education – Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing – Associate Degree or Diploma required.
- Work Experience – One year relevant experience, graduates accepted based upon position availability.
- Training – N/A
- License/Certification – Current New Mexico License and BLS required. ACLS, PALS preferred.
ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work environment consists of daily patient contact, which may include exposure to blood, or other body fluids.