Financial Analyst - #19504044
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: Any Location / Remote|USA MD Frederick
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ69554
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
IMPACTFUL WORK. SMART SOLUTIONS. MEANINGFUL CAREERS. Come join a fortune 500 company that touches the lives of millions in the Health Care Community. If you are interested in new technology healthcare, we can provide the perfect combination for you!
We are seeking a talented Financial Analyst who can interface with clients and Program Managers in a fast-paced environment. Someone who is a self-starter and looking to contribute and gain financial experience in the support of government contracts. Responsibilities may include:
- Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations.
- Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
- Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Analyzes assigned contracts' projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Conducts audits and analysis of their organization's direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
- May have risk identification and recovery responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2+ years of relevant experience; OR the equivalent combination of education, professional training and relevant work experience.
- Experience supporting finance functions at a program or corporate level
- Strong Excel experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Government contracting experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial systems a plus
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
Any Location / Remote
Additional Work Locations:
USA MD Frederick
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.