Senior Project Manager - #19504061
The Senior Project Manager's role is to plan, manage, and execute multiple project initiatives that create and sustain comprehensive solutions to deliver a world-class customer experience. These deliverables are managed from initiation to project close-out to ensure the quality of deliverables and timely completion. The role reports within the Program Management Office and oversees a portfolio of large, high-budget customer projects by managing the day to day operational activities across various internal functional departments within nfrastructure. These projects generally include those that are in a solutioned state / pre-start-up mode, pre-implementation phase or are in progress (either in transition or steady-state). This role ensures projects align with the business strategy and deliver on time, boosting productivity and scalability while improving profitability.
This is a remote position - however this person is to be based in Los Angeles, CA or surrounding areas and will be required to be onsite at our customer location.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Senior Project Manager primary responsible for:
- Manage the day to day operational activities of large-scale, high budget projects across various internal functional departments within nfrastructure.
- Responsible for a successful delivery in a matrix resource environment for all of the project deliverables.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings.
- Manage project activities through the effective use of project management principles and the specific methodologies adopted by the PMI and nfrastructure to achieve timely project completion and meet the defined project business objectives.
- Develop and execute project plans for major nfrastructure initiatives, in a matrix capacity with project team members throughout the organization.
- Present recommendations for effective consensus decision making, taking into consideration risk analysis and impact assessment for project milestones.
- Develop project resource and cost estimates.
- Monitor actual project expenditures against project estimates and budgets.
- Provide accurate and timely budget reporting.
- Meet or exceed project budget profit targets.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with the project sponsor/business owner to ensure that business objectives are met and any changes are clearly communicated.
- Communicate effectively with project team members, senior management and other managers whose staff are involved in projects.
- Conform to customer service level agreements (SLA's) to ensure decreased liability and penalties for not meeting SLA requirements.
- Use advanced technical knowledge to perform and apply new technical procedures.
- Provide technical direction, guidance and support to Associate Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Lead and Manage teams of multi skilled resources to ensure goals and deliverables for the projects are being met and or exceeded
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing technical procedures based on understanding of new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Certifications, & Technology Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 years project management experience with at least three years managing large, complex IT projects which demonstrate a broad and deep understanding of complex business processes, multiple platforms and language technologies and financial management. A minimum of ten years of hands-on large-scale project management experience will be considered to replace the educational requirement.
- PMP certification or matriculating
- Experience with the concepts of Networking Fundamentals
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
Who You Are:
- Proficient in Budget analysis and understands and has used standard PMI-based financial formulas to analyze earned value
- Demonstrated track record for managing complex operational projects, including awareness of business activities.
- Demonstrated success at influencing people and initiating changes in business practice
- Proven experience effectively interacting with customers, including relationship building.
- Ability to work with customer management teams to provide status and set expectations to ensure project success.
- PMI member with expert skills using PMI methods in work products/project execution including change management, risk management, and issues management.
- Experience delivering presentations to customers as well as the nfrastructure management team
- Negotiation skills to achieve coordination and results.
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of managing all project phases
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage changes in project scope
- Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties
- Experience with, or managing projects with, field-based deliverables, and practical experience with concepts such as technician utilization, ticket backlog, and workload balancing
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet and Outlook
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we've expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today's top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones nfrastructure, the Services Company of Zones, is a collaborative team of more than 700 technology architects, engineers, technicians, and specialists that designs, builds, and operates IT solutions. Our focus on insight, execution, and results has helped us become the First Choice for ITTM for many of today's top brands.
Zones nfrastructure offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we're committed to providing top-tier solutions, we're just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!