Creative Lead, Copywriter - #19504098
ZS Associates, Inc.
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
The ZS Creative & Design team was created to enrich and evolve our consulting approaches and offerings. Our clients look to us to express ideas, concepts and emotions in ways that engage, excite, and drive them to action. This action comes from our strategic planners having a deeper insight into people, culture and brands. This deeper understanding brings information to life through storytelling and immersive experiences. We help make information more accessible and immediately understandable for all those involved. As a result, the information is more actionable, memorable and is shared more consistently and easily both internally and with client partners. By being the engineers and architects that bring information to life, C&D creates impact where it matters for our teams and clients and we do so by expressing insights, strategies and executional ideas through creative platforms.
C&D is comprised of a diverse team of talented individuals who are on a mission to address the evolving needs of our clients using a human-centered design approach. The team has three areas of focus: Design, Strategic Planning and Creative Expression.
CREATIVE LEAD, COPYWRITER
We seek an inspired Creative Lead/Copywriter with healthcare experience to join our New York office and to work closely with the Creative Director to generate bold ideas and write promotional short- and long-form copy, developing texts from raw data through finished product. The Creative Lead will partner with internal teams and clients to distill complex insights and analytics, crafting stories that are relevant, emotive, memorable, and actionable. This big-thinker should provide strategically-sound creative solutions for use by research, brand and sales teams.
- Analyze and interpret data from primary and secondary research, synthesize key points, and turn them into relevant, compelling stories, narratives, presentations, and creative ideas;
- Develop an understanding of audience needs (e.g., physicians, patients, sales reps) and target copy to appropriately meet them;
- Write copy for assigned projects that is on strategy and in language that is original, compelling, distinctive, and synergistic with the visual design;
- Partner with design and art leads to concept, develop and execute complete creative collateral with integrated art and copy;
- Perform basic proofing/editing on all copy, paying strict attention to details;
- Work from a brief and audience insights to develop creative concept options in partnership with a creative team;
- Develop medical knowledge and fluency in the therapeutic areas of focus;
- Contribute innovative, conceptual ideas to address the client's business strategy;
- Present ideas to clients, participate in proposals/pitches, and play a vocal role in team meetings;
- Leverage a variety of mediums (e.g. slide presentations, video, print material, 3D props), either independently or in conjunction with Creative-Art and Strategic Planning;
- Partner with Consultants, Managers, and Principals in the Business Consulting group, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, Writing, Life Sciences or related field;
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting, preferably within a marketing agency, healthcare agency, or other relevant role;
- Ability to combine conceptual creative thinking with exceptional content delivery;
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills with evidence of work across multiple audiences and channels;
- Must demonstrate a command of the English language (read, write and speak);
- Ability to understand a marketing insight, strategy, and activation plan and translate into a compelling narrative with limited guidance;
- Experience overseeing the work of others and leading teams (both employees and freelancers);
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing landscape, including different stakeholders, channels, programs, and tactics;
- Has developed and executed tactics and campaigns for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and health and wellness industries;
- Experienced in a range of interactive marketing tactics and content delivery methods including, websites, rich media, emails, apps, video, mobile, etc.;
- Portfolio showcasing evidence of strong presentation, range of copy forms, and conceptual work.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Connect with ZS on social media:
- Like ZS Careers on Facebook
- Follow ZS Careers on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
- Subscribe to the ZS YouTube channel
- Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS's accolades.