Specialty Account Manager, Nephrology - #19504105
Working at Horizon is more than a job – it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most – the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Specialty Account Manager, Nephrology (NSAM) is responsible for representing Horizon products to physicians and healthcare professionals, establishing Biotech/Infusion product sales, and performing total territory account management. The NSAM is also responsible for providing account management support to Nephrology accounts within a specific geography.
- Develops a comprehensive and effective territory business plan aimed at achieving and exceeding annual sales goals established by commercial leadership.
- Promotes KRYSTEXXA within approved labeling in a comprehensive, fair and ethical manner that is consistent with industry specific and corporate legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops strong customer relationships by better understanding the customer's needs and goals and communicating those needs and goals to other Horizon team members.
- Serves as a resource/consultant to customers and Horizon staff regarding local, regional and national payer policies, reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, prior-authorization, billing, coding, claims, and appeals/denials), Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations, and OSHA and HIPAA compliance as related to Horizon products.
- Consistently meets or exceeds corporate sales goals.
- Communicates territory activity in an accurate and timely manner as directed by management.
- Provides feedback to sales and commercial leadership, colleagues, marketing, and other internal departments about changing environment and results.
- Adheres to the Horizon's compliance policies and guidelines as well as any other applicable guidelines, including but not limited to the PhRMA code.
- Successfully completes all Horizon training classes.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Manages efforts within assigned promotional and operational budget.
- Maximizes use of approved resources to achieve territory and account level goals.
- Must be able to work closely with and effectively collaborate across all divisions within the GBU to achieve business objectives.
- Attends medical congresses and society meetings as needed.
- Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as requested by management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree required; Graduate business or healthcare related degree preferred.
- 5+ years pharma/account management selling experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years' sales experience in Nephrology therapeutic area required.
- Buy and bill experience and success strongly preferred.
- Biologic/biotech sales and reimbursement experience strongly preferred.
- Nephrology therapeutic area experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery networks preferred.
- Experience working in a team environment which successfully partners with all Commercial Operations functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and computer skills required
- Requires approximately 20-30% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Qualifications Required for Internal Candidates (in addition to above):
- Minimum of 6 months in current role (at time of application)
- In good standing with performance expectation, HR and compliance
- Approval from direct manager and senior leadership
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.