Buyer II - Healthcare - #19504108
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Buyer II, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this position you will be responsible for organizing the ordering of supplies, equipment and cost reduction functions of all Medical, Surgical, Clinical and Ancillary areas of the Hospital.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Assists with hospital departments and vendors to facilitate daily activities such as requisitioning of specialized medical supplies, services and equipment.
- Assists with hospital departments and vendors to facilitate daily activities such as requisitioning of non-medical supplies, services and equipment as needed to support purchasing manager and Buyer I.
- Assists in the annual budget process, value analysis teams, and disaster preparedness when necessary.
- Notifies Surgical Services RN Admin Manager on billable supply price changes and on new products ordered.
- Maintains supply control documents in Quickbooks.
- Codes and verifies pricing of invoices and credit memos and other billing documents to the Accounting Department for accurate payment processing.
- Maintains system accuracy and efficiency by transmitting orders to vendors, retrieves order confirmation and notifies the requester of any back orders and any other important related information.
- Assures compliance with departmental and Hospital policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Assists in periodic review of policies and procedures, when requested.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, trends, and techniques.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contracts in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required, bachelor's degree, preferred,
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience, with 3 years' experience ordering medical supplies and medical equipment, required
- Operating room supply / purchasing knowledge strongly preferred
- Previous experience in reviewing and developing contractual agreements with suppliers, preferred
- Strong computer knowledge
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 24, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.