Undergraduate Intern - Patient Access (Summer 2021) - #19504111
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Access Undergraduate Intern reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Patient Access Undergraduate Intern's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides exceptional customer service to patients which establish a positive first impression of Northwestern Medicine.
- Exceeds all consumer requests and alerts management of issues or concerns that require escalation.
- Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information in accordance with organization standards.
- Interacts with various hospital departments and physician offices to effectively schedule and direct patients through the NMHC systems in a patient/customer friendly manner.
- Reaches out to patients to schedule an appointment as defined.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Develop a working knowledge of hospital operations to a degree that allows successful completion of projects supporting a variety of hospital operations.
- Develop working relationships with staff and management that allows for successful business interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Participation in activities designed for development of interns during their assignment at Northwestern Medicine, which include:
- New Employee Orientation
- Networking opportunities
- Professional workshops
- Final poster presentation
- Full communication with department managers and staff in order to successfully transition work at close of internship.
- Additional duties, responsibilities and tasks will be outlined in an appended document to meet the needs of the individual and organization in each internship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Program Dates & Schedule:
Application Due Date: January 15, 2021
Start Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 or Wednesday, June 16, 2021
End Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Hours: Interns must be available to work Monday through Friday during standard business hours. Hours may occasionally vary.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Completion of at least the sophomore year of study.
To Be Uploaded:
Candidates must complete the online application and upload the following electronically as part of the application:
* Please note that you can submit your attachments after you apply, up until January 15, 2021. When you apply, you will receive an automated email to set up an account. Once your account is set up, you can log back into your application and submit attachments.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.