Armed Security Officer - #19504131
MaxSent's Officers are the foundation of success at MaxSent. The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and properties are safe and well-protected. Working with MaxSent offers a variety of employment opportunities for your unique career plan! Whether youre a part-timer or careerist MaxSent gives you the training and development to learn and grow.
As a full time employee of MaxSent, the following benefits may be available:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your development
This posting is for a Protective Security Officer (armed) in Juneau, Alaska.
Essential Functions: Protective Security Officers may be asked to perform a variety of duties at the facility where they are assigned including:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues and emergency situations according to MaxSent protocol.
- Understand site-specific operations including manuals and post orders.
- Greet visitors and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
- Answer questions and assist visitors and employees.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
- Patrol the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Answer phones, greet guests and employees
- Monitor closed circuit television systems and alarms.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements AND possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must meet at least ONE of the following italicized criteria:
- 2 years of armed security experience within the last five years, OR
- 2 years of military or National Guard service (active or reserve),
- Successful completion of state certified law enforcement education and training, or
- Successful completion of police officer's standard training courses.
- Candidates should have prior firearms experience.
- DHS Homeland Security Federal Protective Service Clearance preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required, verbal and written fluency in English is required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle emergency situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
MaxSent is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.