Warehouse Sanitation and Food Safety Associate - #19504135
pet food experts
- Text PFX14 to (720) 741-7721 to apply now! Online application must be completed in order to be considered for this position.*
Pet Food Experts is the leading distributor of pet food and supplies to independent retailers in the US. We are looking for a full time Sanitation and Food Safety Associate to join our Denver, CO Team!
By creating a supportive culture that embraces teamwork and individuality, Pet Food Experts isn't just a team - we are a family of pet lovers passionate about supporting our customers coast-to-coast!
Full Time Employee Benefits & Perks:
- No scheduled weekends!
- Full benefits package (medical, dental and vision), PTO, 401(k)
- Safety Footwear Reimbursement
- Overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount on pet food & supplies
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (hours may vary)
Compensation: $16.00 per hour
The Sanitation/Food Safety Associate is responsible for performing routine scheduled facility cleaning and maintenance, including but not limited to: trash collection, sweeping, dusting, washing floors/dump bin/shelves/barrels/balers, restroom cleaning, charging equipment, loading and sorting pallets, baling cardboard and assisting with pest control programs.
Essential Functions, Accountabilities and Supporting Activities:
- Maintain the facility by supporting each department with sanitation and cleanliness
- Perform duties on the Master Cleaning Schedule for daily, monthly, annual, and as needed tasks
- Adhere to food safety and quality assurance policies and procedures
- Complete cleaning schedule logs and equipment checklists
- Perform minor repairs to some equipment, as well as light warehouse maintenance
- Receive and perform additional cleaning/leveling assignments as necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform functions, accountabilities and supporting activities while complying with safety procedures, rules and regulations including GMP guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Candidate must have the ability to read, write and understand English
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, good time-management with the ability to multi-task and follow up
- Work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment
- Some working knowledge of GMPs, food defense, pest control and food safety preferred
- Candidate must have reliable transportation, flexible schedule, solid attendance and a positive, professional attitude
Education and Experience:
- High School Education or equivalent
- Experience operating warehouse equipment (forklift, ride-on pallet jack), preferred
- Food industry experience, a plus
- Any offers of employment are contingent upon passing a required background check
Please apply by clicking on "Start Your Application" below or visit our website
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.