Sr Financial Analyst - La Crosse, WI - #19504144
UnitedHealth Group Inc.
We don't just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you'll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
Perform financial analyses including budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis, and financial/data modeling. Develops recommendations from information and results; considers and conducts additional analyses as appropriate. Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Prepares and monitors forecasts and budget for operating performance, including detailed comparison of actual results to the budget/forecast.
- Perform month end close anslysis and reporting
- Lead financial support for departments to include analysis and monitoring attainment of financial and headcount metrics and capital spending.
- Lead special projects using analytical skills and presents findings to senior management.
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Assist in the establishment/monitoring of sound accounting practices, internal controls and procedure documentation for Finance Department.
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
- Generally work is self-directed, not prescribed, complex, and less structured
- Work with cross-functional and leadership teams across the enterprise
- Prioritizes and aligns resources with tasks, benchmarks, timelines and deliverables
- Monitors and measures progress on getting to high quality results
- Rebounds quickly in reaction to adversity
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Minimum 3 years related experience in financial analysis, budgeting/forecasting, or project cost accounting
- Financial analysis and/or budgeting experience with working knowledge of project cost accounting
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and database experience
- Analysis skills using complex Excel models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintains calm and focus under pressure
- Organizes by thinking through the best sequence of steps necessary to make the most efficient use of time and resources
- FP&A Software experience
- ERP system experience
- Government contracting experience
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work,(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Financial Analyst , Finance, Accounting, financial analysis, budgeting/forecasting, or project cost accounting, *Government contracting experience, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin