Monitor Technician PRN - #19504168
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Per Diem/PRN 0.001 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.
The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over extended period of time.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.