Executive Producer, Digital/Video - #19504186
WXIA, TEGNA's NBC station in Atlanta, is searching for an experienced and passionate Executive Producer, Digital and Video, to oversee the video and other content across all 11Alive digital, mobile, app and social media platforms with an audience-first focus across all screens.
The Executive Producer, Digital/Video is a journalist, reports to the Director of Digital Content and is a member of the news management team working to grow and engage 11Alive audiences across all screens with an emphasis on the 11Alive YouTube Channel and OTT apps.
This skilled journalist will take ownership of the channel's and app's overall strategy, analytics, content, aesthetics, optimization, experimentation, training and other video-centric tasks. This person will also play an active role in the daily editorial process by being a digital voice to help inform editorial decision making. As a manager, this role will also assist in day-to-day digital team management.
The ideal candidate is a journalist who has a background in producing, editing and distributing video on digital. This person is a leader with a strong voice in the editorial meetings and in the newsroom championing accuracy and audience experience.
- Works with the news digital team and digital management to coordinate daily news efforts working continually with broadcast Executive Producers for multiple-screen show experiences.
- Uses metrics and social listening to find, pitch and produce unique content and story angles.
- Assists in managing a team of digital content producers
- Focuses on accuracy and balance in digital articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff
- Helps ensure content is maximized to drive KPIs (SEO headlines, related links, embeds).
- Helps foster environment that champions original, digital-first content production
- Aggressively covers breaking news for digital/social platforms through breaking news alerts, live streams, social posts and web articles.
- Works closely with the digital team for training and development around video production and distribution.
- Works with the digital producers, show producers, content producers, multi-skilled journalists, photojournalists, reporters and anchors to create a multiple platform, 360 storytelling experiences.
- Assists with story planning and logistics to produce digital first, engaging storytelling through articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements
- Uses data to establish and manage video strategy.
- Minimum 5 years managing, producing and showcasing digital and social content in a newsroom
- Experience in a leadership position
- Skilled copy editor
- Skilled video producer and editor
- Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
- Well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML, live stream technology and social media algorithms
- BS/BA in related field - journalism, communications, broadcast
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.