Learning and Development Specialist - #19504201
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
This position is responsible for the overall execution of management training initiatives throughout Eversource. Responsible for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning and development programs, including classroom, on-the-job training, e-learning, hands-on instructional methods, job aids, etc. This position is focused on building and retaining relevant field operations curriculum.
- Develops, designs and facilitates leadership and technical training programs for field operations leaders
- Evaluates performance during training and follows-up on the students' learning through department visits, observations and refresher training
- Identifies and analyzes learning and development needs for management to develop quality training programs
- Conducts needs analysis, determines training needs, recommends solutions, designs training programs and develops evaluation process to ensure training effectiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within budget, in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement through metric analysis.
- Stays abreast of trends and incorporate into programs
- Excellent oral written and oral communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically, Word, Excel , PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in learning and performance principles, and concepts, i.e. needs assessments, learning objectives, curriculum development, lesson plan, facilitation guides and assessment measurement
- Knowledge of safety policies / procedures / standards and regulatory requirements a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experienced with instructional design and authoring tools skills
- Experience in utility industry and gas and electric field operations preferred
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of Three (3) years of learning, development and training experience
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Position requires approximately 40% travel to various locations.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor