Digital Desk Producer (bilingual) - #19504207
Are you fluent in Spanish? Do you have experience producing a variety of digital content – from breaking news to features stories – in both English and Spanish? 9NEWS is searching for a Digital Desk Producer fluent in Spanish and English who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social, streaming and audio platforms. This person also has a solid news judgement, creative writing skills and strong story editing skills.
Digital Desk Producers are leaders in our newsroom who urgently and aggressively cover breaking/developing stories. This position is for a person who is passionate about local news and connecting people with information. This person is a part of a team that manages newsroom assignments and oversees the quality of 9NEWS digital content efforts across all platforms.
- Produce audience first, engaging content through producing digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements – in both English and Spanish
- Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills)
- Ensure content, grammar and AP Style is seamless, including copy editing, ensuring headlines are maximized for readability and sharing and upholding copyright and usage standards
- Update published content as stories develop
- Manage all 9NEWS digital, social, audio and streaming accounts including launching live streams, managing homepage layout, etc
- Participate in editorial meetings and conversations, including pitching stories
- Social listening: monitor social media for breaking news, find interesting stories, track trends and report findings to newsroom
- Review and respond to news releases, news tips, emails, user generated content and social media messages to identify unique, local and engaging content
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Work with digital managers, newsroom leaders and all producers to coordinate the development and distribution of content across all 9NEWS platforms
- Do all necessary reporting efforts to turn information into digital content, such as make calls, get pictures or video to support a story, research and confirm information, etc.
- Work with anchors and reporters to produce and publish content.
- Collaborate with other TEGNA stations, NBC affiliates and other partners to search trending content and publish compelling stories, photos and video from our corporate network across web, mobile and social media platforms.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (reading, speaking, writing and copy editing)
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
- Preferred: 2-5 years of experience
- Minimum: one year of experience as a digital producer, preferably for a news brand
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Experience with content management systems
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven digital content and newscasts
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Basic image and video editing skills
- Strong AP writing and editing skills
- Understanding of digital and social media analytics and metrics
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and holiday shifts
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.