Licensed Psychologist Peer Reviewer - San Diego, CA - #19504212
UnitedHealth Group Inc.
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
- This position is Full Time, 40 hours per week (Part Time hours could be considered, depending on business needs)*
As the chosen candidate, you will perform clinical quality assurance of psychological evaluations for Juvenile Probation and Child Welfare Services and psychotherapy treatment plans for Child Welfare Services clients to ensure that professional standards are met, protective and risk issues are addressed and treatment is clinically appropriate.
- Provides professional consultation to providers and other stakeholders, as well as additional collaboration with clinical leadership on improvement opportunities to best mitigate risk to clients and County agencies
- Conducts clinical reviews of psychological evaluations and treatment plans in adherence with specific criteria and provides quality review feedback
- Reviews the work of colleagues and provides clinical oversight to less experienced clinicians
- Investigates complaints and quality of care issues and participates in the resolution process
- Develops clinical standards and curricula for group psychotherapy and for conducting clinical quality oversight of mental health treatment and psychological evaluations for clients referred through the Juvenile Court
- Participates in other TERM team related functions, quality improvement initiatives, and other duties as assigned- Develops innovative approaches
- Collaborates with clinical leadership on improvement opportunities in order to best mitigate risk to clients and County agencies
- Creation of reports based off of clinical documentation reviews and specific criteria pertaining to psychological evaluations
- Investigates and resolves Provider complaints/issues
- Conducts provider searches on referral from Child Welfare Services for clients residing in and outside San Diego County
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be a Licensed Ph.D. or Psy.D. Level Clinical Psychologist
- Licensure must be current and unrestricted in the State of California
- Strong knowledge of Psychological testing and evaluation of adults and children
- Experience providing oversight or feedback to other clinical professionals
- Computer proficiency in MS Office application
- Completion of an APA approved internship
- Direct experience working in Forensics and/or the completion of Forensics coursework
- Experience working within a Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Experience with the Medicaid (Medi-Cal) patient population
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Clinical, Domestic Violence, Quality Assurance, Juvenile Court, child welfare, psychological evaluations, Psychology, Psychologist, Ph.D., PsyD, TERM, UHG, Managed Care, San Diego, CA, California