Lead Software Engineer - ClubLabs - #19504220
AAA of Southern California
ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organizations insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services. We're a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
The right candidate for the Software Engineer Lead position must have a solid understanding of and experience in the implementation of the basic elements and protocols of software engineering/programming while working with others, building an agile team, leading changes, understanding what to build, and planning ahead.
Suitable for a great collaborator and a fast self-learner with great problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills, this role will be responsible to evaluate requirements and take complex problems to redefine them, re-scope them, and transform them into simple solutions. Must keep team's progress visible, getting to "Done", and drive test and development through iterations to implement quality code. Listen to people, gather feedback, and deliver results. Drive changes with Retrospectives and make continuous improvements.
This role enhances the technical agility of Club Labs new product lines, while still functioning as a hands on Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years experience in an applicable software development environment.
- Ability to lead team of 3-5 team members
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented principles, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Assist team members in areas of: manual testing, test automation, continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Can work as a full stack engineer for all the components involved from front end to backend.
- Solid understanding of service oriented architecture, and familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Design and develop advanced software applications. Build on one or more platforms which include but not limited to web apps, android app, iOS app. Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Uses software development best practices for design and coding. Continuously improve the code quality, maintainability and readability.
- Ability to focus on and solve problems, with a willingness to ask for help when needed.
- Create strong working relationships with inter department teams and partners to deliver the best solutions possible.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
- Good communication skills and interest in pair programming environment
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience building scalable, available, and low-latency systems
- Familiarity with container platform like docker, kubernetes or cloud foundry
- Experience working with public cloud platform like AWS, Azure or GCP is preferred
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have over 15,000 employees in 21 states helping over 16 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
"Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer