Outcome Assurance Representative - Telecommute - #19504221
UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for timely and accurate referral sources for employers also ensuring quality standards and company policies/procedures are followed during customer interactions and at times in a call center environment.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Adhere to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Interact with all employees of the on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices
- Work with patients, centers and workers comp insurance carriers to refer to correct referral source. (could be received via phone, mail and e-mail communications)
- Maintain individual and departmental goals including: Call Quality, Average Call Handle Time, Service Level, Average Speed of Answer, Abandonment Rate
- Provide feedback to management on identified issues and assist with resolution of any items or trends that negatively impact patient-client experience
- Maintain confidentiality of patient diagnostic and treatment information with focus on HIPAA guidelines and strong customer service skills, may include eScreen and UDS support
- Meet the needs of external and internal customers regarding changes in work volume, planned changes, scheduling changes, client services support
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School graduate or GED
- Three to five years' experience in customer service
- Strong experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Prior experience in Medical Billing
Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping) and travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens).
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Outcome Assurance Representative, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Audit Representative, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote