Director, Surgical Svcs - #19504222
Baptist Healthcare System, Inc.
Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day.
When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintains up to date Annual Organizational Competencies
Maintains up to date Surgical Competencies
Participates in organizational and / or unit committees
Cultivates a positive work environment
Resource for other team members through orienting, mentoring, and coaching
Action consistent with words, right decision for the right reason
Demonstrates commitment to high standards of service
Demonstrates commitment to excellence and quality
Demonstrates organization, prioritizing, flexibility, and adaptability
Adheres to unit dress code
Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through appropriate use of organizational resources
Attends mandatory in-services and unit meetings
Maintains a safe work environment and adheres to safety standards
Communicates effectively, in accordance with HIPAA regulations, utilizing the chain of command
Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth
Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job related hazards, and national patient safety goals.
Ensures positive customer relations interactions
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets commitments
Supervises and evaluates staff of responsible departments.
Directs projects that support retention, job satisfaction, and growth of personnel
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of hospital and perioperative services policies and procedures
Supports and participates in research activities
Identifies and encourages leadership among staff
In conjunction with Vice President/CNO, develops yearly objectives and goals
Serves as a resource person in department objectives
Coordinates daily operations with physicians, administration, and other departments
Implements the hiring, promoting, transferring, and discharging of supervised personnel
Developments a budget for assigned units, including the department of anesthesia.
Promotes an environment in which the patient care team can work cooperatively toward objectives
Serves on various nursing and medical staff committees and is responsible to submit reports to constituents as needed
Directs, develops, and participates in departmental and organizational continuous quality improvement efforts
Assesses departmental performance in an effort to improve the quality and level of services provided
Assesses capital equipment needs, space requirements, staffing levels, and other resources needed to deliver services
Participates in operational planning for the organization
Assures that departmental goals, strategies, and services are integrated with the organization's core services, mission, and objectives
Ensures service delivery is integrated within and between departments
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, and Licensures Required:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Current Kentucky State Board of Nursing license required. BCLS Certification is required. ACLS certification preferred within 3 months, not to exceed 6 months from date of hire. BSN required. CNOR perferred. MSN preferred. EXPERIENCE: Five years experience in nursing with demonstrated leadership experience required. Previous surgery management experience required
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Exposed to confined spaces, chemicals, moderate levels of noise, low vibration, and blood and body fluids.
- Requires wearing gloves, mask, body protection, and eye protection.
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking more than 75% of the time.
- Requires carrying, pushing, pulling, and lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds less than 35% of the time.
- Requires crawling, climbing, squatting, and balancing less than 35% of the time.
- Requires bending, twisting, and reaching more than 35% of the time but less than 75% of the time.
- Requires kneeling, fingering, grasping, and feeling, more than 35% but less than 75% of the time.
- Requires talking, hearing, and seeing more than 75% of the time.
- Requires making repetitive motions using wrists, hand, and fingers more than 75% of the time.
- API Staffer/MyTime
- EPIC Optime- Intra Op
- EPIC Scheduler
- EPIC OR Manager
- EPIC Preference Card Builder
- HR Portal
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.