Legal Assistant - Commercial Litigation Practice Group - #19504226
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The Commercial Litigation Practice Group (CLPG) is hiring a Legal Assistant to join its team. The CLPG is composed of 7 attorneys and 5 other legal professionals who represent McDonald’s in commercial litigation or disputes that may lead to litigation. This Legal Assistant position will support several of the attorneys and paralegals on the team. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for:
- Scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings for team members;
- Managing calendars and arranging travel plans for team members;
- Preparing and maintaining the team’s budget, including processing invoices and obtaining the appropriate authorization for payment;
- Answering telephone calls, taking messages, and responding to routine inquiries;
- Communicating regularly with business clients and outside counsel;
- Creating and editing documents in various office software programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Typing, proofing and distributing correspondence and legal documents;
- Filing, maintaining and organizing litigation files for team members;
- Preparing closed litigation files for storage either in our offices or at an off-site location; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The CLPG is looking for a collaborative, engaged team player with administrative experience to fill this role of Legal Assistant. This person should be able to:
- Work and communicate effectively with management-level individuals;
- Balance competing priorities;
- Work collaboratively with the team’s other Legal Assistant to support the team;
- Use technology appropriately; and
- Understand the team’s goals, contribute to the team’s success by being an active participant, and promote a shared responsibility for achieving results.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.