Care Manager / Social Worker - #19504238
Salud Family Health Centers
Since 1970, Salud has been committed to providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental, behavioral health services, and clinical pharmacists work together and coordinate efforts in a team-based system of care. We strive to improve the quality of our patient's lives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
We are looking for a Care Manager to join our family. As a Care Manager with Salud, you will be responsible for coordinating the care of SALUD patients that are stratified as “high risk”, with emphasis on those enrolled in the Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC). The aim is to improve patient health and reduce health care costs. Your primary role will be developing comprehensive care plans that address the medical and social needs of each patient.
- Pay range $16.50 to $18.00 per hour
- 5-day work week – Mon to Fri – 8 am - 5 pm
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous vacation accrual
- 9 Paid Holidays per year (including a Floating Holiday and paid Birthday)
- 8 Paid accrued Sick Days per year
- Retirement program is available
- And more...
Our Mission is to provide a quality, integrated health care home to the communities we serve.
The Care Manager will work closely with SALUD patients, SALUD clinics, local community hospitals, community members, and partner agencies. The Care Manager will work in a team-based approach, interacting with various staff members across departments, as well as supporting patients and their families to facilitate self-management, self-efficacy, and behavior change. The Care Manager will adhere to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned duties.
HealthCorps on-site supervisor
- Assist in risk stratification of high-risk Salud patients, with an emphasis on patients enrolled in the ACC.
- The Care Manager acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable population by ensuring that the patient is fully informed and comfortable with their visit to Salud.
- Works in conjunction with other Medical Providers, Dental Providers, Behavioral Health Providers, and all other staff to ensure that the patient obtains the highest standard,d of integrated health care.
- Make initial contact with patients assigned to the ACC.
- Assist in assessing patient’s medical, dental, behavioral, and social needs.
- Develop a comprehensive care program for patients, with referrals to internal and external resources.
- Provide care management, follow-up, and support services to high-risk Salud patients, with an emphasis on ACC patients.
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records system.
- Assist patients with applying and accessing assistance programs.
- Provide on-going individualized support to patients in the ACC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in social work or a health-related field preferred.
- Experience in care management, patient navigation, or social work preferred.
- Experience in a community health setting or with underserved populations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer knowledge and skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Salud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.