Director, Multi-Cloud Marketing - #19504240
Multi-Cloud Corporate Marketing:
Multi-cloud adoption is an unstoppable trend in the industry and represents an incredible growth opportunity for VMware. VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) is platform VMware developed to capitalize on this opportunity and propel the company forward in the cloud. VCF, now running on all public cloud providers, allows our customers to modernize their private cloud infrastructure as well as provide a smooth transition to the public cloud, any cloud. The Director of multi-Cloud solution marketing sits in corporate marketing within the newly formed Multi-Cloud Marketing Team and will play a key role between the Business Units responsible for multi-cloud services, the demand generation organization, Sales and customers to ensure VMware has a unified, compelling and customer-driven positing for its multi-cloud solutions and the right, compelling content to drive thought leadership and demand to grow the business
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Is your passion and expertise in cloud computing and how it is transforming everything in the enterprise? Do you see the value of providing a disruptive solution to run any application on any cloud? Are you a technologist at heart who is keyed into the market, competition and customers but knows how to articulate the business value of the technology to customers? In this position you will be able to help VMware become a force in the multi-cloud market and in the process unlock tremendous growth for yourself and the company. You will have keen understanding of our customers and market, sharing this knowledge to prioritize and drive the right go-to-market efforts. You will help craft clear, current, and differentiated messaging and positioning, provide the content that will fuel marketing tactics that drive demand. You will lead and oversee a team that enables our sales organizations to "sell-to" customers and "sell-thru" partners by creating and delivering dynamic marketing content and programs.
An ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits customers care about is critical to your success. You will lead a team that are experts in the market, the buyers, how they buy and their decision criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales and marketing channels. You will also lead strategic efforts including gaining a better understanding of the customer, driving new product launches and supporting go-to-market efforts for all our Cloud capabilities.
- Own suite level messaging that encompasses all VMware multi-cloud solutions, reinforcing our core messages and driving brand awareness of VMware as a leading cloud infrastructure vendor
- Own and deliver compelling messaging and content to fuel both thought leadership and demand gen programs
- Work with our key partners (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle and Alibaba) to develop joint value propositions
- Ensure content (e.g. case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web copies, competitive differentiation, white papers) communicates the unique capabilities of our platform in customer language
- Drive development of sales tools that support sales execution and are aligned with our GTM
- Speak and present both externally and internally to promote our customers' stories, our platform and our services and solutions
- Own the automation narrative in press, media and analyst circles. Assist as needed in broader business unit initiatives focused on market waves and magic quadrants
- Proven, tenured (10+ years) of enterprise software product marketing for high-tech companies that target IT organizations
- Exceptional story telling skills
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management and extended partners
- Extraordinary analytical mindset, assembling and interpreting data, building executive summaries that deliver actionable business insights
- Strong project & organization management skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Experience speaking in front of large internal, external and global audiences
- SaaS product marketing experience
- Bachelors in business, engineering or computer science (MBA a plus) – or related industry experience
- Demonstrated experience as an inspiring leader - sought after for advice, counsel and judgment.
- Willing to travel up to zoom most of the time
- This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.