Patient Care Coordinator - Pharmacy Technician License Required - Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - #19504242
Kroger Specialty Pharmacy
Kroger Specialty Pharmacy is a Clinical Pharmacy. Our programs optimize patient outcomes by blending a high-touch, caring patient experience with specialized clinical knowledge, personalized care programs, and administrative expertise.
Perform duties to respond to incoming pharmacy calls from patients, prescribers’ offices, insurance companies, and manufacturers, and employ one call resolution, where appropriate. Effectively resolve all callers concerns and perform duties to make routine outbound calls to assist current patients and prescribers’ offices with maintenance of monthly prescription refills and address related questions and concerns while providing excellent customer service, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
- Respond to incoming calls from current patients and prescribers’ offices, as primary representative, to process medication refills and schedule delivery to ensure continuity and maintenance of therapy while building trusted and enduring customer relationships that yield loyalty.
- Provide status updates to prescribers’ offices and manufacturer offices, while alerting necessary areas of the pharmacy.
- Multitask answering inbound calls and running test claims to determine patient copay amounts.
- Utilize knowledge of the pharmacy processes and procedures to ensure that callers’ needs are met, address questions and concerns and escalate issues involving complex clinical matters to clinical team as appropriate.
- Utilize personal effectiveness and effective listening to quickly assess caller’s needs and use critical thinking skills to determine best resolution.
- May communicate financial obligations, copayments and past due balances to patients and process and safeguard credit card transactions.
- Contact patients to schedule delivery of medications in keeping with their requirements or to communicate refill denials and encourage follow up contact with their prescription provider. Access records in computer system to identify and follow up on failed attempts to contact patients and providers to schedule medication deliveries and re-attempt contact, maintaining attention to details and avoid delays or interruptions in therapy.
- Facilitate communication between internal team, patients and prescribers’ offices to support patients’ therapy compliance through transmittal of status updates, template letters, notifications of triage or transfer, and other similar actions designed to maintain effective and efficient response and superior service quality.
- Document case activity, communications and correspondence in computer system to ensure completeness and accuracy of patient contact records. Ensure that work activities are conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and the organization’s defined standards and procedures, and in a manner that provides the best level of service and quality.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Superior interpersonal effectiveness, telephone customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to utilize problem solving and critical thinking to quickly understand what caller is wanting to determine best resolution or person to handle.
- Ability to multitask during and between calls to review patient history, job aids, reference material, policies and procedures, as well as document patients’ records.
- Ability to focus on the customer and adapt conversations and interpersonal skills to fit the communication style of the caller. The ability to communicate clearly, be understood, and have the caller feel you are an advocate for them, willing to go above and beyond for them.
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills, including Excel and Outlook in Windows format with demonstrated adaptability to internal pharmacy systems.
- Basic High School or GED equivalent required.
- Additional specialized training in general office routines and computer and software operation.
- Minimum 2 years experience of telephone high touch, high quality customer service experience involving computer skills. Prior experience in medical or specialty pharmacy setting preferred.
- Some jurisdictions where this role is performed may require that associates maintain endorsement as a Certified Pharmacy Technician and report through a Pharmacist, in addition to the above requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.