Quantitative Analytics Spec 3 - #19504244
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Home Lending Basel Modeling and Analytics Team has an open position for a Quantitative Analytics Specialist 3. The role of this position is to support the development, validation and maintenance of Basel credit risk modeling activities. We are looking for individuals with strong credit risk modeling experience, strong SAS programming, analytical and quantitative skills.
Key responsibilities might include:
- Responsible for model design, development and testing of the PD (Probability of default), Loss Given Default (LGD) and Exposure at Default (EAD) under the framework of Basel III
- Development, design and maintenance of Credit Risk Grades
- Responsible for documenting and presenting detailed model development processes and results, suitable for a variety of audiences
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reporting as requested
- Collaborate with key business models users to ensure models are business driven, properly implemented and run
- Respond to ongoing analytical requests from auditors and regulatory reviewers
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ph.D. in finance, economics, statistics, operations research, or other quantitative disciplines
- Credit risk modeling/analytical experience in banking or financial service industry
- Developing PD, LGD models using regression and decision tree models
- Strong SAS (base,macro,SQL,stat,Enterprise Miner) and Python programming experience
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Strong analytical & quantitative problem-solving skills
- Results-driven attitude committed to the highest quality work
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries and well developed
- Retail Basel III and/or Economic Capital modeling experience
- Background in Mortgage and Auto Risk Management and Analysis
- Strong quantitative/statistical modeling skills, documentation and validation
- Develops own creative ideas and can evaluate and endorse other's ideas
- Knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning methodology
- Experience managing large files in a shared platform
- Knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, statistical model development/validation, utilizing best modeling practices and methodologies in the areas of data processing, sampling, model design/specification, model performance assessment, and evaluation testing
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.