Office Manager - #19504245
University of Arkansas Medical Center
This position will serve as the administrative Office Manager for the individual sections within the Department of Pediatrics. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the section staff, working with budgets and purchasing in the section, and working on HR related issues with team. This position will report to the section Practice Director
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Supervise office staff and manage/coordinate employees' schedules and leave requests, and change responsibilities as needed to ensure continual administrative coverage for the Section. Ensure that staff are cross-trained to ensure continuous customer service, both internally and externally.
- Process all travel for faculty and staff.
- Maintain good and open lines of communication with all employees within the Section and promptly address problems as they arise and provide proactive solutions.
- Keep current job descriptions on staff and maintains current records on all faculty and clinical staff including, but not limited to copies of licenses, medical liability certificates, TB skin testing, HIPPA/IRB trainings, Safety and Compliance Trainings, CV's & other certifications - obtaining updates as needed.
- Oversee time sheets and manage leave requests for staff and faculty to ensure accurate and timely submission and approval. Evaluate job performance of administrative staff.
- Manage, coordinate and prepare all recruitment itineraries for faculty and other licensed provider candidates, working directly with Section Chief and the DoP Onboarding and Recruitment Coordinator.
- Manage and maintain physician calendars as needed or requested and serve as the primary contact for the Section Chief when meetings need to be organized or scheduled.
- Assist with the creation and management of the clinic and service schedules, including the timely submission of clinic modifications as needed and ensure all effected parties are aware of changes.
- Work directly with faculty recruitment coordinator on the creation and coordination of faculty candidate visits.
- Attend ongoing professional development training sessions and coordinate appropriate and ongoing training for direct reports.
- Positively communicate the mission, vision, values of the organization and reinforce the contribution of each position and employee to meeting the goals of the organization.
- Assists Section Chief, Practice Director, and Peds Finance with budget related issues during the fiscal year.
- Maintains budgets regarding all items hitting the UAMS and ACH discretionary accounts, manages all blanket purchase orders, and requisitions promptly following-up on any outstanding invoices, balances, or encumbrances.
- Review, analyze and reconcile faculty discretionary accounts. Review and reconcile monthly budget reports.
- Appropriately pay bills or submit reimbursements in a timely manner for items including but not limited to travel, cell phones, pagers, renewal of subscriptions or professional memberships.
- Direct purchases through appropriate accounts.
- Order equipment and office supplies as approved by the Practice Director and Section Chief. Manage section assets and maintain up to date records.
- Organize office moves as necessary when new faculty and staff are hired.
- Track M&O expenses on all contracts to make sure all are properly coded to ensure reimbursement for all contract-related expenses.
- For research-related activities, Grants and Clinical Trial assistance including but not limited to working with both UAMS and ACRI to ensure appropriate time and effort allocation, account set up, and budget management are addressed in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with faculty who have effort on grants to ensure accurate reporting of changes in effort.
- Works with Peds HR in regard to recruiting and training of new hires, transfers, and processing of terminations.
- Conducts interviews, makes hiring decisions, implements progressive discipline as needed and in consultation with the Practice Director and with support from HR/and as directed by Peds HR, and enforces institutional compliance requirements.
- Completes all necessary background checks, drug screens, and reference checks for all new hires within the section.
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Director, Section Chief or Peds Administration
- Baccalaureate degree with 3 years of administrative and supervisory experience in a professional medical office environment -or- High school diploma with 6 years of administrative and supervisory experience in a professional medical office environment.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Stand: OccasionallySit: OccasionallyWalk: OccasionallyBend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: OccasionallyLift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or lessUse hands to touch, handle, or feel: OccasionallyTalk: OccasionallyHear: OccasionallyTaste or smell: NeverRead, concentrate, think analytically: OccasionallyPhysical Environment: Inside Office EnvironmentNoise Level: QuietVisual Requirements: Not requiredHazards: None