Shipping Supervisor: Weekend Day (Warsaw, KY, US) - #19504250
Dorman Products, Inc
Dorman is looking for a weekend shift (5:00 am - 5:00pm (Friday-Sunday) supervisor to join our team in Warsaw! In this role the ideal candidate will supervise and coordinate the activities of the shipping department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the shipping department.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training contributors
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Ensure the work environment is meeting facility safety goals and is compliant to regulations
- Utilize lean manufacturing principals to identify and implement cost, quality and safety improvements.
- Coordinate with Materials Management on the scheduled allocations of item availability to ensure fill rate goals are achieved.
- Develop schedules for daily activities through report out to meet and or exceed service level agreement.
Study shipping schedules and estimate employee hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Confer with Customer Service and Sales to ensure our customer's needs are fully satisfied.
- Assure that a level of performance accuracy is attained in the execution of shipping operations
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of entire operation, department, or contributors
- Promote, lead, and encourage change by driving continuous improvement efforts to improve safety, productivity, accuracy, and process flows.
- Support departmental budgetary goals in expense related areas.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Abile to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, or contributors of the organization.
- Understaland how to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Previous experience in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Physical Requirement: Capability to lift 50 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The contributor frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.