Event Operations Crew - #19504257
Aspen Skiing Company
The Event Operations Crew Member will assist the Event Marketing Operations Manager and Lead person in some aspects of the event execution. The Event Operations Crew Member position is a season/temporary position in the Event Marketing Department working on such events as Winter X Games, Bud Light Hi-Fi concerts, NASTAR races, KickAspen Big Air, Slash the Mass Snowmass Banked Slalom. The position dates are dependent on upcoming events at Aspen Skiing Company. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment on an outgoing and dynamic team.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist Event Manager/Event Lead person with on-site execution at Aspen Skiing Company events
• Assist with execution ASC sponsorship activations
• Duties at the event could include but are not limited to putting up signage, banners, fencing, parking lot duty, etc.
• Snowmobile use, including shuttling athletes to and from competition start gates
• Assist Event Venue Manager in coordinating the use of all event inventories
• Be available to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Team Work - gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
• Attendance/punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
• Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
• Quantity - meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
• Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Previous experience working in a physically demanding job
• Current, valid unrestricted driver’s license required
• Have the ability to ski/snowboard to worksite a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain winter positions.