Agile Coach/Program Manager - #19504273
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
The impact you'll have:
- Provide thought leadership on Agile best practices, at scale, for assigned product lines and city
- Coach scrum teams in agile values and best practices, teams of teams in multi-sprint "big room" planning, engineering craftsmanship best practices and enabling delivery at scale across multiple teams
- Contribute to development of Thermo Fisher's unified agile development methodology, through alignment with product and technology stakeholders
- Deliver needed agile training to align our teams around a common language and methodology for Thermo Fisher.
- Participate in creation of Agile coaching strategy, creating a common approach that would help our teams delivery with improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders from assigned Product Lines to enable them as impediment removers for our teams.
- Lead communities of practice to enable craftmanship for product owners, development engineers, quality, scrum masters and agile program managers.
- Be the influencer to help transform Thermo Fisher into a self learning and continuously improving organization.
- Supports the creation of a culture that empowers self-organizing teams, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, quality and speed to market.
- You will ensure effective execution across Scrum teams aligned to an Agile Release Train (ART) to ensure high-quality business value is delivered, managing the flow of value through the ART.
- You will execute Train-wide processes using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) including:
- Facilitating Program Increment Planning readiness in partnership with Product Management and Architecture
Facilitating the Program Increment Planning event, Inspect & Adapt workshops, PI System Demo
- You will track execution and publish PI Objectives/Team progress for visibility and transparency
- You will track execution and publish progress of features and capabilities for visibility and transparency
- You will manage risks and dependencies across teams; escalate and track impediments
- You will ensure dependencies and risks outside the ART are understood and proactively managed
- You will provide input to management on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- You will work with Product and Engineering leadership, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- You will champion SAFe adoption; Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- You will identify and pursue opportunities to fine-tune and improve Train execution; recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing workflows based on a broad view of the organization and a Lean Agile mindset
Who we're looking for:
- You will have 10+ years of experience in a complex project and program management role with 3+ years leading Scrum teams.
- Experience and active participation in 2+ agile transformations, with demonstrable results
- You will have at least 2 years' experience in the Release Train Engineer role or similar role, coordinating feature delivery across 8+ Scrum teams
- You will be a servant leader and strong communicator who can:
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Persuade by influence rather than authority
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Support teams' commitments, personal development, and continuous growth
- Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
Communicate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to leadership
- Communication and change management expertise spanning software developers to senior executives
- Able to partner with a world-class agile coaching team
- Skilled in the development of agile metrics to incentivize best practice behaviors at all levels of the organization
- Well respected leader in agile community
- Experience in product management or engineering development, and leadership of product development teams
- You will have SAFe certifications, ideally SAFe RTE or SAFe SPC
- You will have a Bachelor's Degree, ideally in Computer Science or other technical discipline; or equivalent experience
We'd also love to see :
- Program Management / Scaled Agile Framework experience in an organization with primary revenue streams derived from software product development and sales.
- PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)