Sennior HVAC Mechanic - #19504286
Situated on 120 beautiful acres in Silver Spring, Maryland, Riderwood is the largest continuing care retirement community in the United States. We're part of a growing network of communities managed by Erickson Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Riderwood is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a real impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to take your career to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career, you'll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that includes a competitive salary, an impressive package of health and dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for career growth and advancement, and much more!
Riderwood in Silver Spring Maryland is looking for a Sr. HVAC Mechanic. The Senior HVAC Mechanic will be responsible for the continuous safe operations and preventive maintenance of all major HVAC equipment, including apartment/public area heat pumps, refrigeration equipment, PRV valves, cooling towers, pumps, motors, hot water systems, heater/chillers and building automation system.
How you will make an impact:
- Perform requested maintenance of all HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, etc. as necessary.
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Inspect, monitor and evaluate the efficiency and safety of systems to insure trouble free operation.
- Read blueprints and isometrics, prepare sketches as required to document work.
- Perform all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer's recommendations.
- Troubleshoot and repair designated refrigeration equipment and ice machines.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Discounted meals in our restaurants.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
What you will need:
- High School or GED.
- Must possess certification for the successful completion of HVAC technical training or have 5 years of experience in HVAC service.
- Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and "on-call" overtime as necessary
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law