Senior Consultant/Integration Engineer (Government) - #19504288
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Sr. Consultant / Integration Engineer to support the Nellis 5G Nomadic Testbed build out and integration of associated network enhancements by providing senior leadership and technical integration management in direct support of customer expectations. This position will provide consulting, project management, and technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation, and account management of highly technical 5G solutions for the DoD 5G to Next G Initiative at Nellis AFB, Nevada.
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding technical issues relating to AT&T Core services, such as IP Networking, Cyber Security, IOT, and Unified Communications. Supports input into Air Force product roadmap as needed.
- Supports 5G architecture, infrastructure, and engineering efforts to integrate complex solutions.
- Advises the Air Force on the 5G strategy and suitability of products and solutions based on technical needs and rationalizes customer requirements in product roadmap prioritization.
- Develops strategic plans around 5G edge computing capabilities with key stakeholders from the Air Force.
- Leads or contributes to 5G program initiatives, proposals, presentations, or bids
- Manages, coordinates, or supports the sales process for complex products and services to the Air Force.
- Researches and develops 5G solutions with external and internal AT&T partners.
- Provides training to deepen collective knowledge and identify additional opportunities to enhance Air Force 5G capabilities.
- Maintains AT&T architecture standards by conducting architecture review and assurance.
- Interacts with supporting partners / vendors, Nellis AFB stakeholders, and associated representatives to obtain and disseminate information, and advise on projects as required by the supporting Program or Project Manager
- Attends meetings, conferences, and events, as required to support 5G and Base of the Future initiatives
Secret or ability to obtain Secret clearance upon offer
- Ability to prepares proposals, presentations, or bids, including developing pricing of highly complex solutions
- Previous experience as a Lead Engineer, Sr. Consultant, or Integration Manager on a large-scale 5G implementation
- Previous experience as a Portfolio or Program Manager for large-scale Mobility initiatives
- Ability to manage business and technical Integrated Product Teams consisting of various industry partners
- Ability and willingness to provide technical instruction for the fielded or upgraded system being delivered
- Availability to support technical efforts during high intensity incident resolution processes
- Ability to quickly identify and understands complex issues, problems, and opportunities and prepare recommendations for resolution, optimization, and/or improvement within the Mobility architecture
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work products are timely and accurate
PhD or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent experience, 14+ years of Information Technology (IT) management experience, preferably within commercial or Department of Defense (DoD) space, 10+ plus years in mobility services to include extensive knowledge of wireless RAN, Core, and Transport systems
Extensive knowledge of AT&T Core company products such as 5G/IoT/Mobility networks and application, industry trends, broad technical understanding of cellular history past, present, and future, SDN, cloud, devices, and networks (wired and wireless) with ability to innovate on the fly from end point to application/cloud and back.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 2053963 Date posted 12/16/2020