Construction Coordinator - #19504296
Since our founding in 2002, we've become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we've been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we're dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That's because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you're a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we'd love to hear from you!
Position Summary: This position will work very closely with the Arizona Division President and will include a myriad of interesting responsibilities across this new division, including various projects in Purchasing, Permitting, Contracts and New Home starts. The person in this role will have excellent organizational skills, an upbeat and 'can-do' personality with a passion for a 'start-up' atmosphere in the homebuilding industry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Purchasing organization and follow up
- Maintain and operate Newstar (Homebuilder ERP database) on a day to day basis
- Set up new vendors and vendor files
- Research vendor payment aging issues
- Process invoices for payment as needed
- Enter and maintain all documents in the vendor database to include plans, sublists, community information, and documentation, etc.
- Work with the corporate office to process weekly payment reports
- Respond to calls/emails from production regarding contracts, plans, misc. questions, etc.
- Respond to calls/emails from subcontractors regarding contracts, field concerns, etc.
- Complete all established paperwork, reports, and files in accordance with the company format and timeframes.
- Present a professional image in accordance with company appearance standards.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings.
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency.
- Attend and pass all required training programs (management and technical)
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
New Home Starts
- Request pre-construction activities in accordance with start schedule
- Issue purchase orders for pre-construction activities
- Monitor the NewStar/BuildPro integration process and error reports.
- Identify errors – communicate with Purchasing Agents
- Ensure appropriate personnel correct errors on a timely basis
- Identify trends or consistencies in errors that indicate a need for correction of procedures or data.
- Collaborate with Permitting to complete Milestone Tasks for Preconstruction, Permitting, and Release to Field
- Ensure all departments are meeting their Pre-Construction timelines as set forth by Management.
- Manage the Job Assignment to the appropriate Construction Manager
- Responsible for updating the schedule dates at time of Release to Field and Construction Manager Assignment
- Upload initial Job Folder documents
- Ensure appropriate personnel upload/maintain changes.
- Analyze trends and conduct meetings with vendors that are not performing or meeting construction schedules, communicating any issues or vendor improvements to Purchasing Agents
- Ensure Construction Managers are utilizing BuildPro accurately and timely.
- Communicate with Purchasing on any issues or discrepancies that can affect payments, vendors, or non-BP/NS communication.
- Works with Purchasing, Construction, Accounting, and Corporate Operations to effectively communicate the success of BuildPro and all Teams
- Monitors database for upcoming job starts
- Manages the flow of budgets and purchase orders for upcoming job starts
- Input data into database
- Review job budget for accuracy
- Submit job budget for approval prior to issuance
- Issue budget and purchase orders in accordance to the start schedule
- Update Production report as needed
- Ensure all contractual related paperwork is accurate and complete once submitted.
- Adhere to company policies for contract checklist review and completion.
- Coordinate contract execution process in a timely manner.
- Confirm contract reporting is accurate and all required information is receipted and correct.
- Distribute all contract-related information to appropriate internal and external persons as applicable to the contract process.
- Creation and confirmation of contract into NewStar as reported by the Division pursuant to the company policies.
- Maintain active job files for all contracts in backlog in cooperative efforts with other coordinators.
- Prepare final numbers for the closing process pursuant to company policies.
- Distribute all closing related and necessary paperwork to parties involved with the closing process. Review and approve closing statements from the title company for accuracy.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Background:
- The ability to work cohesively and proactively in a fun, fast-paced 'start-up' environment while juggling several projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills: Experience working with Excel spreadsheets and tables strongly preferred
- Previous Knowledge of Purchasing, Contracts or Permitting
- Team player, motivated, task-oriented, adaptable, problem solver, attention to detail, quick learner
- Familiarity with NewStar, BuildPro, or SupplyPro databases a huge plus!
- Any experience or familiarity with applying for building permits
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 3+ years of related experience, preferably in the homebuilding industry
- Any experience or familiarity with applying for building permits a big plus