Transportation Noise Analyst - #19504303
What You Will Do
Gannet Fleming is looking for an Transportation Noise Analyst to contribute to a wide range of projects involving on a variety of environmental licensing, permitting and compliance to join our Noise, Vibration and Air Quality Group in the Mid-Atlantic region (Raleigh, NC; Columbia, SC; Baltimore, MD; Fairfax, VA).
The successful candidate will assist with highway and rail transportation noise, environmental noise, industrial noise projects. The successful candidate will participate in sound level measurement programs, data collection, data analysis and report preparation.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in traffic noise analysis, as it pertains to roadway planning projects
- Experience working with state highway agencies and an understanding of DOT guidelines / procedures / policies is required
- Responsible for completing development tasks as assigned by the project lead
- Assisting with project requirement gathering
- Working as part of a team to develop quality and robust solutions
- Perform a variety of data analysis/processing functions, including analytical data quality reviews, data extraction/loading/transformation, and data organization and cleanup.
- Assists design team in creating plans from concept through final construction drawings
- Creates base drawings using survey information and CAD program(s)
- Plots/prints plans, reports, and presentation materials
- Conduct noise measurement field work as part of the team
- Develops project and presentation graphics
- Minimum BS or BA degrees in Engineering, Computer Science or GIS-related fields.
- Different degrees may be considered
- TNM2.5 Training Certification
- MicroStation/AutoCAD experience is highly desired
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) experience is highly desired.
- ArcGIS Desktop, experience with 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Pro or Python is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- A passion for working with teammates and customers to solve problems
- Dynamic, personable and self-motivated personality with the ability to work as part of a distributed team as well as independently on assigned tasks.
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local candidates will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Raleigh, NC; Columbia, SC; Baltimore, MD; Fairfax, VAWorking Hours: 8-5Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: