Teller - Grand Rapids North Region - #19504308
Lake Michigan Credit Union
We are looking for new team members to join Lake Michigan Credit Union as part-time Tellers, both branch-based and in a Float position, for our branches in the Grand Rapids North region!
Our Grand Rapids North Region include the following branch locations: Alpine, Cascade, East Paris, Knapp's Corner, Leonard, Lowell, Medical Mile, Northland Drive, Plainfield, and Rockford.
The Teller role is responsible for receiving and processing LMCU Member transactions including, but not limited to, cash and check processes, deposits, transfers, and loan payments. Assists members with account maintenance and changes. Collaborates with branch staff to cross-sell and increase member share of wallet. Ensures security and compliance procedures are followed in all transactions.
- Independently receives and processes customer financial transactions including: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loan payments. Follows check procedures, check/cash handling processes, and ensures accuracy in all transactions. Educates and supports members to utilize LMCU Online Banking Portal. Provides exceptional member service, adheres to I AM LMCU guidelines, and contributes ideas to improve member experience.
- Conducts problem-solving strategies resulting in a win-win solution for both the member and LMCU. Completes voided transactions, account maintenance, CD maintenance, process disputes, stop payments, payroll distributions, Card Services requests, check order requests, basic loan payment information, closing accounts, member account changes, and fee schedules, both accurately and efficiently. Grants overrides and creates new shares. Follows established procedures and guidelines for check holds, outgoing funds, non-member transactions, and safe deposit boxes.
- Performs with assistance: new account processes, closing accounts, member account changes, OnBase and CRM, vault processes, demonstrating cash limit knowledge, following monthly audit procedures with the vaults.
- Collaborates with branch staff to effectively cross-sell products and services, and close deals to increase member share of wallet.
- Follows security procedures and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One to two years of similar or related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.