Infrastructure Engineer II (Trust and Custody) - #19504309
Principal Financial Group
Due to the recent growth in our custodial business, Principal is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer II. In this role, you'll be part of a team responsible for establishing and integrating multiple applications that support our trust and custody customers. We are seeking someone with savvy technical capability, an instinct to continue to grow & learn, and a passion for solving problems!
Here are examples of some things you'll do:
- With guidance, conduct systems engineering and analysis tasks to maximize effectiveness.
- Develop understanding of technical aspects of infrastructure management functions including performance, capacity, scalability, recovery, maintenance and security
- Grow expertise in at least one large area of the system/solution with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Participate in technical design of features with guidance.
We're looking for someone with:
- An associate's or bachelor's degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field) plus at least 2 years of technical experience, or equivalent experience
- Basic planning, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required
- Proficiency with database applications, knowledge of mainframe, distributed and/or web programming language
- Basic level of leadership skills preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- The desire and ability to learn new technology and continuously grow
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with both IT and non-IT partners
- Once business travel resumes, a willingness to travel periodically, including overnight stays
- Willingess to provide on-call support as needed
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Basic knowledge of insurance and financial services products
- Security engineering mentality
We will consider candidates who are located remotely.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you'll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we're an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.