Clinical Research Manager - Thoracic Onocology - #19504310
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
At MSK, we're running one of the largest clinical trials programs for cancer in the country. In the Department of Medicine, we are dedicated to developing safer and more-effective therapies to control and cure cancer so our patients can return to their daily activities as quickly as possible.
We are seeking a Clinical Research Manager (CRM) for the Thoracic Oncology Service team in the Department of Medicine. The CRM serves as an integral member of the research team and will oversee research protocol management, policies, and procedures to ensure the highest quality management of clinical research studies.
The CRM serves as an integral member of the research team and will own the daily operations and activities of the program.
This is an excellent leadership opportunity within our growing clinical research team.
The CRM will be responsible for the following:
- Staff Management: You will supervise the training/development and performance management for a large number of direct and indirect reports throughout the service.
- Protocol Development: Lead aspects of the protocol development process including but not limited to preparing protocols, consent and other essential study document review.
- Financial Management: Work closely with the appropriate partners, forecast trial resource needs, and assess staffing resource needs for program and senior leadership to ensure appropriate line function allocations
- Clinical Trial Reporting: Generate protocol portfolio status reports for key partners. Implement solutions for streamlining and accelerating the monitoring and review of clinical trials to significantly increase accrual to clinical trials, data cleaning, data quality, and trial completion.
- Quality Assurance: Participate and ensure preparedness in routine audits for data quality, regulatory compliance, patient safety issues related to clinical trial. Communicate and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, quality standards and improvement initiatives.
- At least 4 years of clinical research experience.
- 2 years or more of direct staff management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, Human Subject Protection, clinical trial design, regulatory processes, and clinical development process required.
- Therapeutic and Oncology Research experience strongly preferred.
Effective written/verbal communication and oral presentation skills required. Excellent interpersonal, leadership, decision-making and issue resolution skills are essential.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It's important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer! ->reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.