Unit Secretary - 2 West - FT - #19504313
University of Mississippi Medical Center
We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Main Campus Jackson
Unit Secretary - 2 West - FT
To perform a variety of clerical tasks involved in preparing, maintaining, and processing patient, ward, and hospital data and records.
Education & Experience
High school diploma and one (1) year of related experience.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of medical terminology. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to input and verify data.
- Records, verifies, and enters patients, and hospital information reflecting admissions, transfers, discharges, patient census, and other applicable data.
- Assembles temporary chart. Maintains accurate unit census in the bed tracking system.
- Answers patient signals, assesses patient's needs, and communicates request to pertinent individuals as necessary.
- Schedules appointments and arranges transportation for patients.
- Answers telephones, takes and delivers messages, and provides information to patients and family members.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, constant sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):