Java Developer for SAP's Mobile Application Unit Job - #19504323
Requisition ID: 271649
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As the world's largest provider of enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries to run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Mission of SAP's Mobile Application Unit is to accelerate customer value and growth in strategic, core, and incubation industries like manufacturing, supply chain, and the rising topic of Internet of Things (IoT) / Industry 4.0. Establish strategies and co-develop mobile solutions for on-premise, public and private cloud environments together with other development teams and the field. To accomplish these objectives, it is instrumental to leverage user-centric design, design thinking principles, creating and extending new and existing working models.
We are looking for a highly motivated Java developer to join our Mobility team to build compelling mobile business applications in close collaboration with customers and end-users. A strong Java developer with mobile, cloud or Swift development skills is a plus. This position is an opportunity that will mold your career into a full stack mobile developer. The position utilizes a variety of development skills applicable to SAP's mobile client and back-end system. This challenging opportunity is perfect for developers with commitment, an open mind, and a willingness to join a "start-up" thinking development team. The candidate must have a strong desire to learn all development aspects of building, maintaining, and supporting an enterprise mobile solution hosted on-premise or in the cloud.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics
- A Master's degree in computer science is a plus
- Solid background in computer software development fundamentals and technologies (algorithms and data structures, on-device memory management, user interface development, design patterns, data transfer protocols, multi-tier application architectures, etc.)
- Experience in developing Cloud or mobile applications is a plus
- Strong programming skills in Java (3+ years of experience)
- Familiarity with OData, SQL, jQuery, XML, JSON, or data modeling is a plus
- Strong focus on usability, user experience, quality, and performance
- Open minded, curious, self-driven, results-oriented team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Fluent English language skills both in speaking and writing are a must
- Familiarity with SAP systems and technologies is a plus
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Develop mission-critical mobile applications
- Create unit-test and automate test scripts for developed features
- Participate in daily scrums and follow agile development principles
- Work closely with developers, QA, UX designer, product owner, and knowledge management
- Support the creation of documentation of new feature development
- Expand development skills and apply skills in a variety of development scenarios
- Professionally communicate and support customers promptly on a need basis
- 3 - 6 years of Java development experience
- Experience in/strong understanding of agile work environment and scrum driven projects
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Application Developer, ERP, SAP, Engineer, Developer, Technology, Engineering