Patient Services Coordinator II Licensed MA-C Bariatric Surgery & Non-Surgical Weight Loss Services - #19504338
Pacific Medical Centers
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Patient Services Coordinator II, Licensed MA-C (1.0 FTE, DAY SHIFT) to work in Bariatric Surgery and Non-Surgical Weight Loss Services at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Patient Service Coordinator II, Licensed MA-C provides support and clinic coordination of multiple patient care services, exercising independence in the planning and accomplishment of a wide spectrum of clerical duties. Responsibilities include: scheduling of new patients, follow-up clinic appointments, subsequent treatments, and requested diagnostic tests, acquiring of insurance verifications, referrals and authorizations, preparing and maintaining the patient's medical record, reconciling billing issues, answering multiple phone lines and triaging phone calls. Excellent communication and problem solving skills around patient care and clinic matters are vital. Exceptional compassion, sensitivity, and emotional stability are necessary. As a member of the physician practice team, this position acts as a professional liaison with patients, families, and other departments.
In this position you will:
- Greets and prepares patients for the practitioner. Obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem.
- Schedules multiple, sequential procedures and diagnostic tests as directed by the physician.
- When scheduling appointments, coordinates clinic schedule to optimize provider and care team availability on multiple campuses.
- May draw blood specimens, label, and prepare specimens for processing. May assist in diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training as established in procedures.
- Obtains non-invasive body fluid specimens.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of certified medical assisting program
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- One (1) year Medical assistant experience in a healthcare setting required (i.e. physician's office, scheduler, etc.).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with emphasis in Health Care
- Experienced in obtaining insurance verifications, referrals and authorizations
- Experience with Epic
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.