Team Lead, Bulk - D1 - #19504340
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can't imagine living without.
As a Distribution House Team Lead, you will be responsible for assigning tasks, leading and keeping on track the daily operations of the Distribution House under department Supervisor direction. This involves driving a safety culture while ensuring secure storage of inventory and accurate, timely shipment of customer orders at minimal cost. Distribution House Team Lead's perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, lift truck operation and/or manual tasks, QA and compliance tasks and driving Under Armour's Core Competencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and reports any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Assists the Department Supervisor/Manager with assigning and directing teammates to meet productivity standards, labor management, process, training and completion of tasks.
- Collaborates with cross-functional departments while balancing area workflow and headcount. Ensures all teammates are maintaining an acceptable level of production and that breaks are taken on time and for the allotted amount of time. Move teammates between work areas as business needs mandate and maintain accountability of teammates as they are dispatched to assist in other departments.
- Prepares basic reporting through the use of Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management Systems to summarize department statistics in alignment with daily goals.
- Supports training and the alignment of teammates on standard operating procedures while using preferred work methods and conducting re-training in opportune areas. Monitor teammates participation to ensure the training they are being provided is being put into use, and to determine if any additional training is needed.
- Checks the quality of outgoing and/or returned customer orders to ensure it is free from damages; verifies the quality and quantity of orders.
- Actively seeks and recommends opportunities for continued improvement in warehouse operations and standards.
- Continuously learn, coach and support policies and procedures throughout the Distribution House.
- Work with Distribution House leadership to implement corporate strategy(s) and initiative(s).
- Helps maintain and build a strong team that emphasizes teamwork among the leaders and drives strong communication among peers.
- Communicates clear instructions to teammates and listens to teammate's feedback.
- Helping the team achieve Service Level Agreements and communicate SLA updates as needed.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs and may oversee the preparation, break down, consolidation, packaging, picking and/or palletization of customer product.
- Utilizes RF unit to scan product barcodes, enter into inventory database and/or pick customer orders.
- Retrieve and place merchandise in trailers, pallet locations, and pallet racks by using power equipment.
- Demonstrates willingness to train and assist cross-functionally in other areas of the DH.
- May work in various departments as needed.
None; this position has no direct reports.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE/CRITICAL SKILLS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; 6 months warehouse experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems; warehouse control systems, Excel, running reports and interpreting and communicating data/metrics.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; ability to follow detailed instructions both written and verbally; ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures; ability to apply concepts of basic math. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Frequent or continuous standing, lifting, walking and bending.
- Regularly handles objects, tools, and/or controls; reaches with arms; uses cutting device to open or break down cartons.
- May frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds overhead.
- Vision abilities depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The essential functions of the job are usually performed indoors and may rarely be performed outdoors, including during both hot and cold weather. Work performed will be near or involving moving mechanical equipment. Work may be performed at heights of up to 50 feet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid "UA Give Back" Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.