Billing & Medical records Coordinator III - #19504345
Envision Healthcare is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women's and children's health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Billing Coordinator III.
Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of both the Emergency Department and Hospitalists Management charts for the hospital physician billing. Acts as a liaison to internal and external customers. May provide support to the medical director and provider group for multiple lines of business. Works with the billing coordinator, appropriate staff, and available resources to identify and obtain missing charts, dictation, physician documentation and other information necessary for professional and/or facility coding. Functions may include training and other projects.
This position is remote at the moment, but will be onsite when safe to do so. The location is next door to Alaska Regional Hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews medical records.
- Documents and completes charting to include gaining appropriate signatures.
- Provides technical expertise to new site coordinators and assists them with problem solving as needed.
- Provides coverage of site coordinators when necessary due to vacation, extended sick time or emergencies.
- Provides training for hospital designated employees who perform the batching functions. Provides on-site staff with feedback and retraining, when appropriate
- Assists with scheduling functions as needed by acting as liaison between scheduler and provider for shift coverage and help ensure accurate reflection of time worked
- Assists with patient complaints by documenting and forwarding to the site medical director and/or hospital personnel as appropriate.
- Sends rounding lists to all pertinent parties as needed.
- Assists departments with obtaining provider signatures
- Ensures proper procedures are followed for required reporting, Monitor SharePoint (i.e., Daily Census and Provider Deficiency)
- Provides weekly feedback to Billing Supervisors on status of site issues, i.e. chart flow issues, signature issues, etc.
- Assists with completion of death certificates as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company's code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment, or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Support and abide by the values of the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in an administrative role in the medical field and/or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Medical records and charting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with medical billing and coding
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple functions and deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrates capability to meet new and stressful situations and demands in diplomatic manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- High computer aptitude, including knowledge of Excel, Word, and other Windows applications.
- Knowledge of Account Tracker and Volume Tracker
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.