Senior Software Engineer (Java/Marketing) - Multiple Locations - #19528245
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we're looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with end-to-end design and development experience creating solutions in support of digital and marketing initiatives. Ideal candidate has a complete understanding of features, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose. Focused on the bigger picture, identifying and prioritizing with the aim to consider more than one domain in this analysis. Creates project proposals and designs that have considerable impact or touch multiple systems. Technical designs are clear, well thought out, and considers dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability and ease of support. Studies scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs. Has a thorough understanding of the team's domain, how work in this domain relates to the team's objectives and deliverables and how it contributes to overall business strategy and how technical strategy maps to this. Has a basic understanding of adjacent teams' business domains. Usually involved in discussions about the implications for their team. Thoroughly understands the business model in relation to their current product focus area. Participates in roadmap feedback with product team. Looks for opportunities to simplify product & technical design. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise when it comes to digital marketing solutioning including alignment and optimization of third-party platforms with complex enterprise architectures. Prior experience with Adobe marketing technology platforms is preferred but not required.
- Ability to translate diverse requirements into unique solutions that will transform U.S. Bank customer experience
- Design solution architecture that is aligned with U.S. Bank enterprise technology strategy
- Experience providing technical direction and guiding other developers on application design and development
- Passionate about creating a high-performing team culture and raising awareness of devops best practices
- Roll-up your sleeves and build solution alongside developers
- Manage relationships with various business leaders, architects and engineering managers
- Build consensus around solutions that benefit the organization
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to six years of relevant experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field with 10 years of experience in Technology, Financial services or Retail
- At least 5 years of experience designing, planning and executing at all stages in n-tier enterprise applications and platforms
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Technical expertise in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software
- Should have programmed in the past and have attitude to be hands on
- Digital Strategy and IT consulting experience from reputed firm
- Knowledge of API design, patterns and best-practices in REST, JSON, Microservices, etc.
- Knowledge of data management principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to find creative solutions
- Experience working with cloud platforms
- Technology skills in streaming, NoSQL, web scale distributed systems, Microservices, DevOps
- Knowledge in agile methodologies and software development life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Technical Skills
- Apache Spark
- REST APIs
- Spring Boot
- Adobe Marketing Cloud
- GCP / AWS
- NoSQL DB (MongoDB / Cassandra / DynamoDB etc.)
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.