Financial Management Analyst - #19528259
Department of Defense
You will serve as a Financial management Analyst at OFFICER TRAINING COMMAND.
Learn more about this agency
- You will keep the chain of command informed on budgetary and financial matters.
- You will coordinate, compile and prepare the activities budgetary requirements IAW policies and guidance and monitor obligations.
- You will use automated financial systems to oversee and record financial expenditures.
- You will oversee and be responsible for the input of time and attendance of civilian employees.
- You will oversee the Defense Travel System (DTS) and Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) for the activity.
- Job family (Series)
0501 Financial Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Financial Management Level I certified position per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d. You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines. Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Conducting cost-benefits analyses to ensure proper internal controls, audits and financial management guidelines is adhered to; 2) Reconciling accounts (e.g., budgetary, financial, and travel data) between automated systems; 3) Analyzing accounting data to identify emerging patterns/trends related to dollar figures with the budget; 4) Advising personnel on accounting and financial policies and procedures. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
The following education may be substituted for specialized experience if in a related field:
A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
An LL.M., if related